Sunday, June 16, 2013

10/6/2013 - Day 1

Type: Recovery Run
HR Zone: >70% (HR 156)
Schedule: 15 minutes Easy
Actual: 30 minutes and a walk!

Day 1 of a 16 week training schedule was upon me.  I have been "nonsense" training up to now i.e. no real structure, just doing various runs here and there.  Over the last couple of weeks I have been trying to change my running style so that my foot strike wasn't heal-toe anymore but the whole foot striking the ground at the same time.  However, smarty pants here has been researching running styles online and last week I tried to make another change so that the front of my foot was striking first and my heel was barely touching the floor.  So, after a week of doing this tonight's run turned out to be very painful!  I don't think my calf muscles have fully adapted yet and they were VERY sore and tired.  My schedule had said to do 15 minutes easy pace (70% max HR) but I'd decided to do 40 minutes.  It ended after 30 minutes with a 3/4 mile walk home!

Today's Lesson: Stick to the training plan and don't over do it.  It's only Day 1!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment