Tuesday, June 25, 2013

25/6/2013 - Day 16

Type: Interval Run
HR Zone: >75% to 90% (160 up to 185)
Schedule: 15 min Easy/3 mins hard, 2 mins easy, repeat 5 times/15 min Easy
Actual: As scheduled!

I was looking forward to this run.  My legs were feeling good after the weekend and I was feeling better about training.  The easy part of the run seemed quicker than usual, which is always nice.  The 1st set was fun, it's always nice to stretch your legs!

Then the little niggly pains reared their ugly heads and the little monkey on my shoulder started telling me to jack it in after a couple of sets and walk home.  So when I got through sets 3 and 4 I was pretty chuffed with myself!  Finished the 5th set with a smile on my face (well it could have been a grimace but I didn't care!!).

The weird electric tingling feeling shooting up my right leg was back (along with a new pain in my hip that I think was from football last night) that I might have to google but other than that felt pretty good!!!

Lesson for today : Keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment