Sunday, June 30, 2013

29/06/2013 - Day 20

Type: Tempo Run
HR Zone: >75%-85% (157 -175 bpm)
Schedule: 10 min Easy/30 min Steady/10 min Easy
Actual: 5km Rushcliffe Parkrun (@ approx 165 bpm rising to 185 for finish)

I really didn't want to do this.  I'd had an awful nights sleep, I was aching and I was in a crap mood!  But I hauled my fat ass out of bed and got ready, trying to perform my usual pre-Parkrun routine.  I was running late so I decided to run the Rushcliffe event rather than Colwick as it's quicker to get to the start.  I was able to warm up slightly before hand and decided to just take it easy and get round.

As the run started the sun came out, which I didn't appreciate at all!!  I like the Rushcliffe event as it's a 2 lap course that is fairly flat except for 2 slight inclines that are about 50m long each.  I tried to keep my HR at about recovery level but, as usual when running in a group, I ended up keeping pace with some of the other runners and it was slightly higher.  Picked up the pace for the last half mile and finished in 29 minutes!!  Now I know this may seem slow for a 5K run but it's the fastest I've run a Parkrun and clearly shows that the training is working as, not only are my times coming down but I felt like I had more "in the tank" at the end.  I think I might destroy myself next week and see what I can do!

Today's Lesson: Keep believing in the training schedule

No comments:

Post a Comment