Sunday, June 16, 2013

15/6/2013 - Day 6

Type: Tempo
HR Zone: >75% to 90% (160 up to 185)
Schedule: 10 min Easy/20 mins steady/10 min Easy
Actual: Parkrun (30:19)

Saturdays on my schedule are a tempo run but I'm going to be running a Parkrun if I can instead.  Parkruns are run every Saturday in loads of parks up and down the country (and around the world).  It's free to register and run and is a timed 5K course.  My "home" Parkrun is at Colwick Park in Nottingham, which is where I ran this morning.

Ran it today, trying to keep my HR at a steady rate (about 170) and then stepped it up for the last half mile.  Was hoping for a minute quicker but I'll take today's time.  Hoping I will start to see these times come down each week as training goes on.

Today's lesson : Must get over this fear of failing during a run and not pushing myself to the limit when training.  Any ideas how?

No comments:

Post a Comment