Wednesday, June 19, 2013

17/6/2013 - Day 8

Type: Easy Run
HR Zone: >75% (156-160)
Schedule: 25 min easy run
Actual: 20 km on exercise bike @ approx 130 bpm (and 5-a-side football in goal)

Thankfully my leg wasn't too bad in the morning.  Was able to walk with a limp without too much pain.  Realised I wouldn't be able to run on it so after a day of ice and massage I decided to get on my exercise bike and get it warmed up as I was meant to be playing football at 9pm.  Before riding I applied a decent amount of magic cream, otherwise known as Tiger Balm!  This stuff is great.
Felt good on the bike.  Muscle that I'd hurt didn't seem to be being used on the bike as I had no pain and I felt better knowing that I was doing some aerobic work even though I wasn't running.  The panic of losing training time that I experienced yesterday reduced and the belief came back.
Jogged slightly at football to test my leg and, while it was painful, it felt that it wasn't anything serious.  The plan is to use the bike again tomorrow and then test the leg on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment