Tuesday, June 25, 2013

23/6/2013 - Day 14

Type: Long Run
HR Zone: >75% (157 bpm)
Schedule: 80 mins easy
Actual: 85 mins easy (approx 7.5 miles)

After the crappy run last Sunday I was a little bit apprehensive about this one.  I think that when I'm another 6 or 7 weeks into training I will look back at this run as an important one.  I realise it's only 2 weeks in but the amount of times I wanted to stop during the first 30 minutes, the amount of times I thought about reducing the time I was going to be out was bordering on annoying!!  Didn't get an exact mileage as my phone died along with my music (luckily "Matters at All" by Kids in Glasshouses was the last song so the last 15 minutes I had that in my head!) and my timer.  Ended up having to reset my HR Monitor so it's stopwatch would start and I then added it on to the last known time on my phone!!  What a kerfuffle!

Really, really pleased with this one.

Today's lesson : Ignore the monkey on your shoulder.....

No comments:

Post a Comment